From Philip Campbell’s book A Quick Start Guide to Financial Forecasting: Discover the Secret to Driving Growth, Profitability, and Cash Flow Higher.
From the Introduction to the Book
If you don’t know where you are going, any road will get you there.”
—Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
The purpose of this book is to give you a straightforward, easy-to-implement guide to using one of the most powerful financial tools in business: a reliable financial forecast.
Creating the forward-looking view of financial performance is a surprisingly effective way to transform the financial future of your company. It will:
- Help you drive growth, profitability, and cash flow higher.
- Create confidence and clarity about where your business is going financially.
- Provide the roadmap for turning your vision and strategy for your business into a crystal clear view of what success should look like financially.
- Enhance confidence and credibility with lenders and investors so they provide the capital and support you need to grow your business.
- Help you make more courageous, confident, and profitable financial decisions.
In short, a reliable financial forecast will help you win in business.
Put yourself in the driver’s seat by tapping into the unique and exciting benefits that financial forecasting can unlock for you.”
Too many entrepreneurs today are feeling more like passengers than drivers in their business. They’re staring at their rearview mirror as they bounce along in the passenger seat. Oftentimes their company is careening along on the highway of business as they wonder and worry about where their business might end up financially.
But, as B. C. Forbes, the founder of Forbes Magazine, said:
A business, like an automobile, has to be driven in order to get results.”
Just like an automobile, your business can be driven in a way that is reckless and scary…or wise and cautious. It can be driven fast or it can be driven slow. But the business “has to be driven in order to get results.”
The business is going somewhere. The million dollar question is where is your business going? And will you arrive at your intended destination safely and on time?
A reliable financial forecast will help you create the visibility and clarity you need to drive your company toward a bigger and brighter financial future. It will reward you and your management team in exciting and surprising ways.
And it will pay huge dividends for everyone interested in, or invested in, the financial success of your company.
Looking Through Your Financial Windshield
This book is not a math-based deep dive into the intricacies of financial modeling.
It’s about a common-sense approach for entrepreneurs and CEOs who want to use forward-looking financial information to make better business decisions. Whether you want to do the actual forecasting work yourself or not, I’ll show you the benefits and a systematic approach to seeing more clearly through the financial windshield of your business.
It’s really easy to run a business day-to-day and end up spending most of your time looking through the rearview mirror (by exclusively focusing on historical financial statements).
As a result, questions like these go unanswered:
- What does the future of my company look like financially?
- What does the view through the company’s financial windshield look like?
- How much cash can we distribute to owners this year?
- How much cash will we generate in the coming months or years to pay down debt?
- How long will it take to pay off our debt?
- What do our profitability and cash flow look like by month over the next six to eighteen months?
- If we achieve our growth plans over the next few years, how much more valuable will the company be than it is today?
As you begin your financial forecasting journey, some new questions will pop up like:
- Do you understand your business model well enough to create a forecast or projection of what is likely to happen in the coming months?
- Can you identify the areas of uncertainty that your management team must deal with in order to hit your financial targets?
- Do you have a plan for mitigating the risks that could derail your growth plans?
- How are you going to exploit existing opportunities to grow and improve your profitability and cash flow?
Once you put a reliable financial forecast in place, the answers to these questions will jump off the page at you.
Decision making will become more focused. Accountability will skyrocket. Financial surprises will diminish.
It will make your job as CEO or business owner a lot easier…and a lot more effective and rewarding.
A Quick Start Guide to Financial Forecasting:
A Quick Start Guide to Financial Forecasting
Discover the Secret to Driving Growth, Profitability, and Cash Flow Higher
This book provides a straightforward, easy-to-understand guide to one of the most powerful financial tools in business: a reliable financial forecast. It will transform the financial future of your company and help you make better, faster, smarter financial decisions.
Too many entrepreneurs and CEOs today are feeling more like passengers than drivers in their business. They’re staring at their rearview mirror as they bounce along in the passenger seat. Their company is careening along on the highway of business as they wonder and worry about where their business might end up financially.
A reliable financial forecast solves this problem by providing a clear view through the financial windshield of your business. It creates the visibility and clarity you need to drive your company toward a bigger and brighter financial future.
What if you had answers to questions like:
What’s about to happen to my profitability and cash flow?
How much cash can we distribute to the owners of the business?
How long will it take to pay off our debt?
What will our taxable income be this year?
A reliable financial forecast puts the answers to these questions at your fingertips. It helps you take control of your profitability and cash flow because it gives you answers to the most important financial questions you have to deal with every day.
Put yourself in the driver’s seat of your business by tapping into the unique and exciting benefits that financial forecasting can unlock for you.
Buy the Kindle version at Amazon.
Buy the book at Barnes & Noble.
Buy the book at Bookmasters (including a PDF version you can download immediately).
Never Run Out of Cash
The 10 Cash Flow Rules You Can’t Afford to Ignore
The single biggest reason the small business failure rate is so high today is this one simple fact: Most business owners don’t really know what’s going on with their most precious asset – their cash.
Despite the fact that cash is the lifeblood of the business, the fuel that keeps the engine running, most business owners don’t truly understand thier cash flow. As a result, more businesses are failing today than ever before.
Never Run Out of Cash shows you a powerful and simple set of principles that will transform the way you manage your business from this point forward.
It’s an easy-to-understand, here’s exactly how you do it approach to understanding and managing your cash flow.
Buy the Kindle version at Amazon.
Buy the book at Barnes & Noble.
Understanding Your Cash Flow – In Less Than 10 Minutes
This online course teaches you a simple, step-by-step approach to understanding and managing your cash flow. Here are the two unique promises I make to you in this course:
- I’ll show you how to understand your cash flow in less than 10 minutes
- I’ll show you how to explain what happened to your cash last month to your business partner or banker (or maybe even your spouse) in a 2-minute conversation.
I take off my CPA hat and I speak in the language every business owner can relate to. No jargon. No stuffy financial rambling. Just a simple, common sense approach that only takes 10 minutes a month.
The course includes:
- The video presentation of the course. This is a screencast that you can watch and listen to on your favorite device. I walk you through the step-by-step process and show you how to understand your cash flow in less than 10 minutes a month.
- The course workbook. This is a downloadable workbook to help you get a fast start with the course material. It has all the examples and everything you need to complete your first Cash Flow Focus Report.
- The Cash Flow Focus Report. You get the links to download the PDF or spreadsheet version of the Cash Flow Focus Report. 10 minutes a month with this unique and simple tool and you will wonder how you ever got by without it.
- The slides from the presentation. You can download a document with a copy of each slide from the presentation so you can go back to any specific example or portion of the recorded presentation.
I provide a no questions asked, 100% refund guarantee with the course. If you don’t love the course I’ll refund 100% of the purchase price.
Learn more about the course.
If you have already purchased the course (and/or the related coaching), get the full course here.